School Bus Safe-Riding
OHIO PUPIL TRANSPORTATION SAFETY RULES REGULATION 3301-83-08
- Pupils shall arrive at the bus stop before the bus
is scheduled to arrive. (We recommend 3-4 minutes
prior to the scheduled pick up time.)
- Pupils must wait in a location clear of traffic
and away from the bus stops.
- Behavior at school bus stops must not threaten life,
limb, or property of any individual.
- Pupils must go directly to an available or assigned
seat. (Local procedure instructs the driver to assign
seats to all students on each route.)
- Pupils must remain seated, keeping aisles and exits
- Pupils must observe classroom conduct and obey the
driver promptly and respectfully.
- Pupils must not use profane language.
- Pupils must refrain from eating and drinking on
the bus except as required for medical reasons. (Please
notify the transportation office in advance.)
- Pupils must not use tobacco on the bus.
- Pupils must not have alcohol or drugs in their possession
on the bus except for prescription medication required
for a student.
- Pupils must not throw or pass objects on, from,
or into the bus.
- Pupils may carry on the bus only objects that can
be held in their laps. (This includes musical instruments
& school projects.)
- Pupils must leave or board the bus at locations
to which they have been assigned unless they have
parental and administrative authorization to do otherwise.
- Pupils must not put head or arms out of the bus